Tea Tree Oil for Toenail Fungus Treatment Options
Nail fungus is a horrible condition, and too many of us experience the unpleasant symptoms every day. The good news is that there are some good ways to get rid of fungus permanently. We believe that natural tree oil for toenail fungus is a potent treatment.
As many as 1 in 4 people will develop a fungal infection at least once in their lifetime. Fungus thrives on moisture and darkness. It’s highly contagious, so you’re most likely to get infected when you walk barefooted in public places. A small abrasion or cut to the skin or nail could open the gateway to infection.
Perhaps you’ve noticed that your toenails have turned thick and yellow? An unpleasant odor, toenail dullness, deformation of the nail, and sore skin surrounding the toenail are all common symptoms as the condition worsens. It doesn’t have to be that way, though.
Unfortunately, most people fail to treat fungus until it becomes painful or starts to look bad. We recommend that you treat toenail fungus with the best tea tree oil at the first sign(s) of an infection. Taking action when the fungus is mild could get results in just weeks!
Table of Contents:
How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Toenail Fungus
- Combine tea tree oil with olive oil (equal amounts) and apply it directly to your nail.
- Dab it on with a cotton ball, and leave it there until it soaks in to your skin/nails.
- Either let it dry in naturally before putting on any shoes and socks, if possible. This will maximize the effectiveness of the treatment.
- We recommend that you apply it 3 times a day – first thing in the morning, when you return home from work, and before you go to bed at night.
- Remember to cut your toenail short and straight across. This allows the oil to soak into the nail bed much more easily.
- File away any dead nail every couple of days to help with tea tree oil absorption.
- As the healthy nail starts to grow, keep trimming the nail with your own pedicure tools.
- Disinfect any tools that you use or you’ll be putting fungus back onto your nail.
- Don’t share clippers with your family or you could infect them. Buy your own professional pedicure set and don’t let anyone else use it.
It works really quickly, in as little as 3 to 4 weeks, if you’re treating mild toenail fungus. Obviously, if you’ve had a fungal infection your entire life, it’s going to take a lot longer to clear up. The sooner that you commence treatment, the more quickly you’ll start to see results.
Let’s take a look at 2 popular tea tree brands:
Avo Essentials Tea Tree Oil
- Made with 100% therapeutic grade tea tree oil, known as Melaleuca Alternifolia.
- It comes with a handy dropper for easy application.
- Available in a 4-ounce bottle, so you won’t have to buy another bottle for months.
Read our in-depth review of Avo Essentials Tea Tree Oil to find out how it can help you to get rid of toenail fungus. CLICK HERE to read the latest reviews from Amazon customers, many of whom have chosen to share their own success story with you.
Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Solution for Nails
- This formula relieves the symptoms (pain and possible swelling).
- Contains 100% pure tea tree oil, along with other essential oils.
- When used as directed, it prevents further infections from occurring.
Feel free to read our review of Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Solution for nails. You’ll find a short video and will learn how to apply it for the best possible results. CLICK HERE to read Amazon customer reviews and find the latest pricing information.
Here’s a quick video on using tea tree oil to prevent toenail fungus:
Benefits of a Tea Tree Oil Foot Soak
Most OTC treatments use tea tree oil in the ingredients. That’s because of the proven antifungal, antibacterial, and antiseptic properties. They perform extensive testing to strike a balance between effectiveness and skin sensitivity. This makes life a lot easier for us.
A 30-minute foot soak can make fungus removal a much more pleasurable experience. Unfortunately, most people find it hard to strike the right balance in terms of what should be included in the soak, and it can be more time consuming than direct tea tree oil application.
Purely Northwest Tea Tree Soak with Epsom Salts
The Purely Northwest Toenail Fungus System removes all of the guesswork, allowing you to feel confident that what you’re doing to remove toenail fungus is actually working. The formula dissolves quickly and can be safely added to your foot spa.
Perhaps you have several different foot ailments? This tea tree foot soak can also help with athlete’s foot, ingrown toenails, foot odor, hard calluses, and tired feet. You’ll no longer need separate treatments for each condition because you can treat them all at the same time.
If you don’t get results, you’ll be pleased to discover that this product comes with a 45-day guarantee. We’ve also found the customer service to be quick and helpful. CLICK HERE to read current customer reviews or buy the Purely Northwest System on Amazon.com.
Treating toenail fungus can be difficult because the toenail protects the fungus from being easily targeted. One of the benefits of using tea tree oil, when you clip your nail and file away any parts that are dead, is that it can easily penetrate the nail and get to work right away. Its natural antifungal properties will help to restore your toenail(s) to full health in just 3 to 4 weeks.
Tea tree oil uses are many. It is used for a variety of health conditions (acne, skin tags, ringworm etc) so keep a small bottle in your medicine cabinet. You never know when it might come in handy! Don’t delay starting treatment as fungus won’t go away on its own.