How to Use Coconut Oil for Toenail Fungus
Do you need a natural treatment for toenail fungus? Coconut oil could well be the answer. This oil has antioxidant properties that boosts the immune system and, almost as importantly, you can treat nail fungus safely from the comfort of your own home.
If left untreated, fungus can cause a lot of pain and embarrassment. Toenail fungus can also lead to swelling and, eventually, cause malformation in the area of infection. Unfortunately, most of us fail to take steps to get rid of fungus until it starts to affect our quality of life.
Any crack in your skin or nail(s) can allow in the fungus, which increases the likelihood of getting an infection. Coconut oil also has antifungal properties. You may also wish to mix tea tree oil with coconut oil as the two can work in unison to remove fungus from your nails.
In this article, we’ll discuss how you should use coconut oil to remove toenail fungus, and some of the benefits of adding it to your diet. We’ll also recommend some natural and organic substances that can be added to get even better results.
Our top pick for removing fungus from the nails is Viva Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. It’s received some excellent feedback, so we encourage you to find out more.
Table of Contents:
- 1 How to Apply Coconut Oil to Your Infected Toenails
- 2 If I ingest Coconut Oil, Will It Treat Toenail Tungus?
- 3 Apply High-Grade Virgin Coconut Oil
- 4 Substances to Add to Coconut Oil for Better Results
- 5 Other Useful Products to Eliminate Toenail Fungus
- 6 Upkeep of Your Feet When You Have Nail Fungus
- 7 Treating the Condition & Keeping It Away for Good
How to Apply Coconut Oil to Your Infected Toenails
- Make sure your feet are thoroughly cleaned and dried off.
- Take a small amount of coconut oil and warm the oil up in your hands.
- Massage the oil into your skin and nail bed area, paying attention to the cuticle.
- Apply one drop of tea tree oil on each toenail and rub it in.
If I ingest Coconut Oil, Will It Treat Toenail Tungus?
Coconut oil is created from coconut milk, which is rich in healthy saturated fats. It contains lauric acid, which helps to reduce cholesterol. Monounsaturated fatty acids, such as linoleic acid, are also present which reduces inflammation and improves the health of your bones.
Your health should improve by ingesting coconut oil, but you should also rub it into your nail beds. Coconut oil has been used for centuries for different skin conditions. It repairs dry and cracked skin, fine lines, and acts as a protector from the sun.
Caprylic acid is also found in coconut oil. It is a natural antimicrobial pesticide. It may interest you to discover that hospitals, schools, and health care offices use caprylic acid as a natural disinfectant for cleaning.
Apply High-Grade Virgin Coconut Oil
Consider using unrefined virgin coconut oil because it’s of the highest quality. The oil has not been bleached or gone through any manufacture deodorizing procedures. Refined coconut oil is missing antioxidant and nutrient properties, and that’s why virgin oils are the best.
Virgin unrefined coconut oil, such as Viva Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, is recommended. The coconut oil is made almost immediately after the husks have been removed. Avoid coconut oil that has been hydrogenated, especially if you plan on ingesting it.
Substances to Add to Coconut Oil for Better Results
Add other alternative treatments to coconut oil for enhanced results. Here are some of our suggestions:
- Tea tree oil is one of the best ways of treating skin and fungal toenail conditions. Also, why not use essentials oils like thyme, oregano, clove, and lavender in a foot bath? You can boost relaxation and circulation with a good foot spa machine.
- Apple Cider Vinegar can be used for the treatment of athlete’s foot. Always use an organic raw unfiltered apple cider, such as Braggs. Use ½ cup of water mixed with ½ cup of apple cider vinegar and the soak toenails for 10 minutes. Dry your feet off and rub coconut oil into the nail to complete the treatment plan. This will enable you to enjoy the benefits of both of these 100% natural treatments.
Other Useful Products to Eliminate Toenail Fungus
A quality pedicure set, shoe sanitizer, and foot bath will also help with the removal of toenail fungus. These items are recommended to make life a little easier, but aren’t mandatory.
- A quality stainless steel pedicure set will keep your toenails clean and trimmed. Any time that you use the pedicure set, be sure to wipe off the tools in rubbing alcohol. This will greatly reduce the incidence of infecting other toes with fungus. Also, make sure that you advise other members of the family not to use your equipment as they could easily become infected, especially if they’re a bit older.
- Another good product to use is the UV Total Recovery Shoe Sanitizer. The ultra violet light kills off fungal spores and bacteria in the shoe. This device is an alternative to shoe sprays, sanitizing your shoes in 15 minutes a day.
- Consider buying a foot bath. Add a couple of drops of essential oil or Manuka oil to the bath and soak for 10 -15 minutes. Sanitize and relax your feet. You’ll also get a great foot massage for stress relief, which is always welcome after you’ve had a tough day.
Upkeep of Your Feet When You Have Nail Fungus
- Change your socks every day and wear shoes or sandals around the home.
- Wipe all nail clipping tools down with rubbing alcohol to keep them sterilized.
- Clean up old shoes and spray the interior with a foot disinfectant spray. Pay special attention to the toe areas of sneakers.
- Keeping your feet dry to prevent moisture build up and new fungus developing. Apply an antifungal powder to your feet each time.
Treating the Condition & Keeping It Away for Good
Eliminating toenail fungus naturally can be easier than making a trip to the doctor. Of course, if the fungus infection worsens or is already really bad, please seek medical help. It may be that you’ve reached the stage where you need a prescription medication, but be aware of the potential side effects.
Removing toenail fungus requires your urgent attention. It won’t go away on its own Set aside 15 to 20 minutes every day for treating the affected area. Coconut oil will treat toenail fungus, due to its natural healing properties, and it will keep your feet moisturized. Use Viva Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil to get the results that you need.